A lot can be read into a country by its cemeteries. From the Victorian mystique of nature-claiming-back Highgate Cemetery to the panoramic Mediterranean views from Cimetière du Château in Nice, the military honours of Arlington to the understated lawn cemeteries of Australia.
Throughout my world travels, I make a point to visit the local cemetery.
- Catacombes – Paris, France
- Highgate Cemetery – London, UK
- Cimetière du Château – Nice, France
- Arlington National Cemetery – Virginia, USA
- Cimitero Acattolico – Rome, Italy
- Cimetière de Montparnasse – Paris, France
- Brighton Cemetery – Melbourne, Australia
- Cheltenham General Cemetery – Melbourne, Australia
- Port Arthur Cemetery Island – Tasmania, Australia
- Cimetière de la Chartreuse – Bordeaux
- Bilpin Church – Blue Mountains, Australia