All posts tagged Music
Big Day Out rolled into Melbourne on Australia Day. I was Life Music Media‘s live music photographer, covering the iconic music festival for the 2nd consecutive year.
Bands I photographed throughout the day include; Red Hot Chili Peppers, Yeah Yeah Yeahs, Vampire Weekend, Against Me!, Band of Horses, Foals, Grinspoon and Everytime I Die. Photographing Anthony Keidis and Flea, was probably one of my all-time rock photographer highlights!
Check out the full gallery on Life Music Media.
Diva Supreme Mariah Carey graced Australia with a Summer holiday cum tour – her first in 14 years, playing Melbourne, Sydney and the Gold Coast. In contrast to some reviews, Mariah thrilled fans with a set list full of #1 hits, hitting that whistle register several times and trying our fine cuisine on stage – Vegemite and VB. My highlight – Can’t Let Go, a cappella. Unfortunately, Melbourne’s show was cut short due to an 11pm curfew.
- Melbourne gallery – officially photographed the Melbourne show for Life Music Media.
- Sydney gallery – I also took some fan photos from the 2nd row.
Original Set List
Check out the original setlist below, interesting to note All I Want For Christmas & Auld Lang Syne were originally planned.
Actual Set List:
- Can’t Take That Away (Revival Remix)
- Touch My Body
- Shake It Off
- My All
- Always Be My Baby
- I’ll Be There – with Trey Lorenz
- Rock With You / Let’s Go Crazy – Trey Lorenz
- Obsessed (Sydney only)
- Don’t Forget About Us (Sydney only)
- It’s Like That
- Close My Eyes
- Fly Like A Bird
- We Belong Together
My highlight was when she embarked on the Impossible Princess-era tracks; Drunk and Say Hey – turning The Palace into a rave! And ‘the money shot’ – that was taken during Disco Down!
Seeing Kylie (for the first time) in such an intimate setting with a super fan, it’s a show I’ll remember for a long time. Kylie closed the show with the title track of her 1989 album Enjoy Yourself sporting original 1989 tour merchandise. Kylie proved that she can captivate the audience without any of her hits, bells or whistles.
Check out my full Kylie gallery!
I’ve had Beth Orton on my “must see” list for sometime now and thankfully Beth did not disappoint! Performing an intimate acoustic set in the classic Athenaeum Theatre, the set list featured old fan favourites and a taste of new music from her upcoming album.
Check out all my photos from the night on Life Music Media!
A one day celebration of new French music performed against the magical backdrop of Werribee Park Mansion. Crowd favourites, Moriarty performed their unique blend of depression-era blues. Nouvelle Vague were ever as crazy, touring with Melanie Pain & Phoebe Kildeer. And new to Australian shores (and sure to be regulars) – Asa and Féfé.
Check out all my photos from the day on Life Music Media!
What a great way to ring in the new year, than with two solid days of music at Pyramid Rock! I covered the festival for Beat Magazine. Can you spot yourself in the crowd? Check out the pics!
- Pyramid Rock Gallery – Day 1 – The Living End, Gotye, Cloud Control, Spiderbait, Spank Rock, Ash Grunwald, Vascoe Era, Lyrics Born, The Herd, The Delta Riggs, Dum Dum Girls, The Bamboos and more…
- Pyramid Rock Gallery – Day 2 – Scissor Sisters, Bluejuice, Sparkadia, The Panics, Drapht, Blue King Brown, Illy, Owl Eyes, Hermitude, Georgia Fair, Graveyard Train, Grace Woodroofe, Abbe May and more…